Sunday, July 21, 2013

What I've Learned in 8 Years Since TJ Passed Away

This is an addendum to last year's post. I had seven thoughts for seven years. So, this is my 8th thought. :-) For the first part of this post, go to 

What I've Learned in 7 Years Since TJ Passed Away


Trust God & Believe in Good Things to Come When we trust God and believe in good things to come, we have no need to fear the future. We expand our perspective to know that all things work together for good. My brother's favorite talk was An High Priest of Good Things to Come by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. TJ truly trusted in God's will for him. This was seen and spoken of continuously before he passed away. TJ knew that finishing his mortal mission early meant God needed his help to complete a greater work that surpasses our mortal understanding.

I distinctly remember heart-wrenching and faith-building times during the last three months of my brother's mission on this earth. Yet, through it all an overwhelming spirit was continuously felt to remember that no matter what trials come to us in this life, all is well and we continue to have a bright hope in the future. We have a great purpose in this life that extends to our eternal lives hereafter. This knowledge truly fills my heart with gratitude for this earthly life and excitement for the future of "great" things to come.





3 comments:

Shana said...

What a lovely post! I really like the picture of you and TJ together.

Tamara J. Gaisford said...

Fun and beautiful times... So grateful for both of you.

Tamara J. Gaisford said...

Fun and beautiful times. I am grateful for both of you.