Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lake Tahoe - June 2007

My summer travel started with a great weekend trip to Tahoe with my roomies. We were totally livin' it up at an exclusive ski lodge in Squaw Valley (1960 Olympic venue) and traveling around in a Jeep Commander. We were fortunate to go before the horrible fires. It's absolutely gorgeous there. Reminds me of Colorado.

CONSUMER REPORT: buyer beware:-) the Jeep Commander is very stylish, but not the best choice for the sight-seeing bunch sitting in the backseat. Passengers sit two feet higher than the windows having to slouch down to peer out. The DVD
player is a nice touch, but the backseat-middle passenger is stuck viewing the onscreen images cross-eyed and is really at a loss to view anything outside of the car when this is down.

For clarification, my roommate's brother came too. BYU hasn't changed their standards to co-ed habitations:-) It was an awesome trip for the some rest and relaxation, plus few crowds. I highly recommend this destination spot on any traveler's list. Plan on going at this time if you're crowd-aphobic. It was in between seasons, so absolutely dead.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Welcome to the blogging world, my friend. I'm happy to see you here.