Friday, September 9, 2011

My Blondest Moment to Date

I've had plenty of moments when my blonde roots come out, but this one tops them all! I decided to drive my car down to Arizona one more time. Shot struts, loose suspension, broken window motors, temperamental transmission, peeling paint, poor headlights, and more. I've needed to trade it in for several months.

So, I was just driving down US-89 when I noticed, I'm about to reach 100,000 miles! Wow! This calls for a celebration, or at least a memorable place to hit such an accomplishment for a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix. As I was 12 miles from reaching this feat, I came upon the turn off to Bryce Canyon. I've never been over there and the sign said it was only 17 miles. I might as well take a slight detour to be on the outskirts of a cool location for this significant event.
I headed down the the course of beautiful red rocks and anxiously started counting, three more, two more, and one more mile!! Wait?! What happened? It didn't turn to 100,000 miles, but 99,100 miles. It turned out that I was looking at 99,099 not paying enough attention to realize that my car won't hit 100,000 miles for another 901 miles.

Well, it did get a great laugh out of me and I got to see some of Bryce Canyon. Instead of taking a picture at 100,000 miles, I took one at 99,111, just outside of Bryce Canyon, so I could mark this memorable moment:) Even so, I'm proud of my car. Especially, when I was taking a chance that it would make it all the way to Phoenix. It's still running! Way to go Grand Prix!

3 comments:

holley family said...

ah yes,.... gotta love those moments ;)

Stacie S-H said...

lol, funny story! glad you got to check out Bryce Canyon though - its one of my favorite places to go in Southern UT!

Tamara said...

This is hysterical. I have blonde moments too, which is good as long as I can laugh. Your car has been good to you for these many miles. Glad it hung in there until it got to Phoenix.