Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Viva la Vida Utah

Disclaimer: The following entry was written on July 6, 2009 - Just never finished posting it. Yep, I get sidetracked in everything I do. If I do say so myself, it was a good entry. So I decided I'll go ahead and post it....over two years later.

Hiking Millcreek Canyon
Due to another long lull in blogging, much confusion has formed concerning my whereabouts. Though, I wish I could say I've been sailing the world, backpacking through Europe or snorkeling in the Mediterranean, I'm still hiding out in Salt Lake City, Utah for what has been 15 months and counting. That's right, I'm in the state I fully intended to leave for good after graduating from BYU.

What in the world am I doing in Utah?! As my good friend Sam eloquently put it, "I think it's strange, funny, and yet good, that you're still in Salt Lake!" So what has kept me here?! Maybe I'm finally settling down from drifting to and fro; maybe I found that the altitude keeps me looking like I'm 16 going on 17; or some unforseen force has left me landlocked. Not really. It has more to do with the beauty of the mountains, the easy-access to everything outdoors, and the amazing friends! I'm hooked! Well, at least for now. Winters can be dark and cold, but the excitement for snowboarding/skiing does seem to help. Only time will tell when I get ansy and the need for change bubbles inside again. My next location will need to involve an ocean and plenty of sunshine!

With that said, here is a brief look back on the last year living in SLC. The enjoyable side of Utah includes plenty of mountains for hiking, boarding, skiing, snowshoeing and mountain biking, causing me to revert back to childhood. One of these days I'll grow up and learn to enjoy knitting and read about ancient Greek philosophies, but 'til then I'll be fully enjoying nature and everything that keeps me moving:-)

Snowboarding Park City
Rock Climbing - Big Cottonwood
Rock Climbing Buddies
Snowboarding - The Canyons
Halloween 2008 - 80's rockin cousins & friends:-)
Cali vacation with UT friends!
Night hike to Spanish Fork Hot Springs w/UT friends

No comments: